Activities & Excursions
One of the goals of The N.U.in Program is to foster the development of a tightly-knit community. One avenue for community-building is programming, planned by both ICDS and N.U.in staff. N.U.in International Student Advisors (ISAs) are involved in planning weekly, free, or low-cost activities to encourage students to come together for some fun. Please note that the following are examples from past years, and that programming varies from year to year.
N.U.in-Sponsored Activities & Excursions
- Arenal Volcano – This day trip allows students to visit a popular and well-known site in Costa Rica, just outside of San José.
- Playa Jacó – Students escape to this gorgeous Costa Rican beach to take in the sun, surf, and amazing scenery.
- Go-Karting – Everyone has time to have some good old-fashioned fun at Formula Kart, right in San José.
- Pool Tournament – ISAs organized an all-out tournament, allowing students to show off their pool skills.
- Museo de Oro – Students tour this Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, located underground in San José, where thousands of gold artifacts are housed.
- Family Dinners – As a way to gather the whole group together, staff and students have many family dinners throughout the semester at various, nearby restaurants.
- EARTH University – Students learn about tico culture and sustainable agriculture while on this weekend excursion to EARTH.
- Trip to Tortuguero – This day trip allows students to see another part of Costa Rica, while also incorporating Service-Learning.