Spending & Budgeting
Please see a sample budget worksheet to help plan for the N.U.in semester.
N.U.in Australia participants should expect to spend between $300 and $350 on textbooks while in Australia. Most N.U.in Australia participants have tried to stick to a weekly budget of about $150- $250. Below are a few example prices of everyday items in approximate US dollars:
For current conversion rates please click here.
Tips for Banking & Budgeting:
- Plan a budget ahead of time and stick to it!
- Whenever possible, take advantage of low-cost or free activities. N.U.in staff plans activities every week!
- Monitor your bank accounts closely to ensure that they reflect your records
- Make copies of your credit and debit cards and give them to your parents to keep in a safe place
- Do not carry any more cash than what is necessary for that day
- Shop for groceries at local farmers markets