Activities & Excursions
One of the goals of The N.U.in Program is to foster the development of a tightly-knit community. One avenue for community-building is programming, planned by both SUT and N.U.in staff. N.U.in International Student Advisors (ISAs) are involved in planning weekly, free, or low-cost activities to encourage students to come together for some fun. Please note that the following are examples from past years, and that programming varies from year to year.
N.U.in-Sponsored Activities & Excursions
- Sydney – A weekend trip to visit Sydney allows students to explore its iconic sites like the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.
- Phillip Island – Students take time to explore Australia's natural habitat and wildlife on this weekend excursion.
- Footy Game – Students take in an exciting game of Australian Rules Football, a combination of rugby and football unique to Australia.
- Top Chef – Using the cooking skills they develop over the semester, students go head to head in a cook-off.
- Open Mic Night – Students get the chance to show off their talents and cheer each other on during an open mic night held at a local cafe.
- Royal Botanic Gardens – As the weather begins to warm up, students enjoy an outing in Melbourne to see this historic site, dating back to 1846.
- Healesville Sanctuary – During On-site Orientation, participants get their first taste of Australian wildlife as they learn more about Aussie culture.
- Surfing in Torquay – Students have the opportunity to learn how to surf at one of the best surfing locations in Australia.
- Great Ocean Road – Amazing views of the 12 Apostles are seen as students venture out along the Great Ocean Road.