Academic Resources Abroad
One of the most useful resources for N.U.in participants to utilize is the Maths and Statistics Help (MASH) Centre, which is staffed by tutors Mon-Fri. No appointment is necessary. The MASH Centre can be used for:
- Independent work - study by yourself or in a group
- One-to-one or group tutoring sessions
- Additional classes held to support mathematics subjects
In addition, the MASH Centre provides:
- Extra notes and self-paced material
- East exam papers and solution sets
- Textbooks and videos/DVDs on mathematical topics
- Loaner graphics/CAS calculators
- Assignment sheets for all first year mathematics subjects
Equipment: The room has an interactive whiteboard, as well as standard whiteboards to be used by students and tutors. There are several tables, plenty of power outlets, and network ports for students to bring their own laptops. An iPad is available for students to watch screencasts prepared by the tutors and to check online material or use computer algebra systems. Tutors use tablet PCs to create electronic documents in the MASH Centre.
Please see SUT's website for more information.