When evaluating your research study design for potential technology integrations, you may want to ask the follow questions:
- What are the gaps that cannot be addressed by traditional approaches?
- Does technology have potential to bridge these gaps?
- Can technology help to improve the study process or outcomes?
- Measurement – Can a device facilitate continuous measurement of a particular variable of interest?
- Recruitment – Can I scale recruitment through the use of social networks?
- Data collection – Can I collect more high-quality data through the use of mobile technologies?
- Participant engagement – Can I improve retention rates and adherence through mobile or social technologies?