- Nanotechnology Research and Northeastern – The gateway to all nanotech related research at Northeastern University.
- The Center for High-rate Nanomanufacturing – focused on developing tools and processes that will enable high-rate/high-volume bottom-up, precise, parallel assembly of nanoelements (such as carbon nanotubes, nanoparticles, etc.) and polymer nanostructures.
- Nano-Medicine – Nanomedicine and bio-nanotechnology seek to exploit a timely convergence of two parallel recent developments toward the diagnosis and therapy of disease – the decoding of the human genome that has led to greater understanding of the molecular basis of diseases, and nanotechology, which offers the means to control single molecular interactions.
- eMRI Nano-Materials – The eMRI has a focus on nanomaterials for info-, nano- and bio- technologies. Interdisciplinary research areas include Electronic and Photonic Nanostructures, Nanomaterials for Portable Power, Nanomaterials for Pharma and Biotechnologies, Nanofabrication and Synthesis, and Computational Modeling of Nanomaterials.
- The National Nanotechnology Initiative – Provides a multi-agency framework to ensure U.S. leadership in nanotechnology that will be essential to improved human health, economic well being and national security.