Hockey, hoops, and track and field teams are primed for post-season play this weekend. Here’s what you need to know.
- Can the women's hockey team continue gathering momentum after a dramatic rally (two goals in the final three minutes) to beat UConn in the Hockey East quarterfinals? Riding a five-game winning streak, the Huskies aim to do just that when they face rival Boston University in the semifinals on Saturday in Hyannis, Mass. A win would put Northeastern in the conference final for the third time in four years.
- The men's hockey team earned a bye in this weekend's Hockey East Tournament action and will head to New Hampshire next weekend for a best-of-three series with the Wildcats. Tickets are now available, and Northeastern will sponsor a student bus for fans to head north for the all three games.
- The men's basketball team won its regular season finale against Drexel, evening the season series at one victory apiece. The Huskies will have a chance to take two out of three against their longtime rival on Saturday when they face off in the Colonial Athletic Association quarterfinal round in Maryland. Tip off is at 2:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on Comcast SportsNet. For tournament information, including how to purchase tickets, visit NU's Championship Central page.
- Jewel Tunstull, the lone senior on the women’s basketball team, leads the CAA in double-doubles. Now she'll lead the Huskies into the CAA tournament, held in Maryland, as the No. 7-seed against the No. 2-seed Delaware in the quarterfinals on Friday at 5 p.m.
- The track and field teams return to action this weekend, with 10 Huskies competing from each team. The women's team, coming off its team title at the New England Championships last weekend, heads into the ECAC championships starting on Friday. That day also marks the start of the men’s team’s participation in the IC4A Championships.