Admissions Deadline Dates
Admission to the MURP program is on a rolling basis throughout the year. Key admission deadline dates are found below.
Fall Term (September Enrollment)
- February 1st: Priority deadline for financial assistance
- May 1st: International students
- August 1st: Non-international students
- August 25th: Non-degree (Special status) students
Spring Term (January Enrollment)
- October 1st: International students
- December 1st: Non-international students
- December 15th: Non-degree (Special status) students
Summer Term (May Enrollment)
- March 1st: International Students
- April 1st: Non-international students
- April 25th: Non-degree (Special status) students
Required Admissions Materials
Required materials for admission consideration include:
- Completed online application
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement explaining career interests and reasons for applying to this program
- Application fee (Waived for AmeriCorps, McNair Scholars and PPIA SJI Alumni)
*Please note that GRE scores are not required for admission.
Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on 4.0 scale. We welcome applicants from any background who have relevant experience and are committed to pursuing careers in urban and regional policy.
English Proficiency for all International Applicants
International students are required to provide one of the following:
- Degree earned at a U.S. institution
All applications must be submitted online using Northeastern University’s “Apply Yourself” system. Click here to apply online now!
Not sure yet? Apply for Non-degree Special Student status:
Admission as a Non-degree Special Student allows you to take up to 12 semester hours in graduate courses before you must formally apply to the program. The application process for Non-degree Special Student status is the same with the exception that letters of recommendation are not required.