Admissions Deadline Dates
Admission to the MURP program is on a rolling basis throughout the year. Key admission deadline dates are found below.
Fall Term (September Enrollment)
- February 1st: Priority deadline for financial assistance
- May 1st: International students
- August 1st: Non-international students
Spring Term (January Enrollment)
- October 1st: International students
- December 1st: Non-international students
Summer Term (May Enrollment, Non-international students only)
- April 1st: Non-international students only
Required Admissions Materials
Required materials for admission consideration include:
- Completed online application
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement explaining career interests and reasons for applying to this program
- Application fee (Waived for AmeriCorps, McNair Scholars and PPIA SJI Alumni)
*Please note that GRE scores are not required for admission.
All admissions materials must be submitted electronically via the online application system. Unofficial documents are acceptable for application purposes. Any materials not included in the online application should be submitted directly to the Graduate Office, either by scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or mailing hard copies to:
College of Social Sciences and Humanities
180 Renaissance Park
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on 4.0 scale. We welcome applicants from any background who have relevant experience and are committed to pursuing careers in urban and regional policy.
English Proficiency for all International Applicants
International students are required to provide one of the following:
- Degree earned at a U.S. institution
All applications must be submitted online using Northeastern University’s “Apply Yourself” system. Click here to apply online now!