Required Admissions Materials
Admission to the MURP program is on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Required materials for admission consideration include:
- Completed online application
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement explaining career interests and reasons for applying to this program
- Application fee (Waived for AmeriCorps)
*Please note that GRE scores are NOT required for admission.
Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on 4.0 scale. We welcome applicants from any background who have relevant experience and are committed to pursuing careers in urban and regional policy.
English Proficiency for all International Applicants
International students are required to meet one of the following standards:
- TOEFL (79-80 iBT)
- Degree earned at a U.S. institution, or
- Degree earned at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction
Admissions Deadline Dates
Fall Semester 2013
- February 1st: Priority deadline for financial assistance
- May 1st: International students
- August 1st: Non-international students
- August 25th: Non-degree (Special status) students
Spring Semester 2013
- October 1st: International students
- December 1st: Non-international students
- December 15th: Non-degree (Special status) students
All applications must be submitted online using Northeastern University’s “Apply Yourself” system. Click here to apply online now!
Not sure yet? Apply for special student status:
Admission as a special student allows you to take up to 12 SH in graduate courses before you must formally apply to the program. The rules for applying for special student status are found on the Graduate School website. Applicants for special student status in the MURP program are not required to submit letters of recommendation.