About The App
Northeastern’s mobile application is built on a unique development platform that enables periodic updates without having to download from the store. Whenever there is a new feature or an update is available, it will be pushed to your device so that the next time you open the app, while you are connected to a network, you’ll receive it automatically.
As this is the first release of the Northeastern University mobile application, there are a few items of note that you may experience when using certain features:
- In the Social Media section, when returning from viewing a You Tube video, the display will may shift upwards if using an iPhone 4.
- On an iPhone, when going to the Directory to Search by Name and then searching, the application will crash when clicking on the magnifying glass
- There are special character issues in blog entries.
- The map display does not fill the page when going to Admissions, then to Undergraduate, and then to NU in Your Area.
- On an Android, the display requires scrolling when viewing the homepage in landscape mode.
To restart the app, if needed:
iPhone, iPod, iPad
- Make sure the app is closed;
- Double-click Home Button. The screen will raise up showing multiple applications on the task bar on the bottom of the screen;
- Find Northeastern app (Red “N” icon). Scroll left or right on the task bar if necessary;
- Press and hold Northeastern icon until the icons on the task bar start shaking;
- Press red minus sign in the upper left corner of the Northeastern icon;
- Click Home button once to close the task bar;
- Click on the app.
NOTE: This procedure works to restart any app in iOS.
While you’re on the home screen, press the MENU button (which is on the device – not on the screen/app), you’ll see four options:
- Refresh Config
- Refresh Screen
By selecting “Refresh Config” or “Exit” you kill the app and then when we re-enter the app – a config is downloaded.
Alternatively, you can “Force Stop” the application and next time you access the app, new configuration will be downloaded.