Saturday, October 4th from 10am to 3pm
Join the entire MSC community for this family-friendly event (rain date is October 5th). The event is free and open to the public. Scouts and other youth groups are most welcome!
- Tour the recently renovated Edwards Building and bunker
- Complete a fieldwork obstacle course
- Visit the touch tanks
- Build a coral reef
- Learn about the Ocean Genome Legacy and how DNA is extracted
- Check out the marine environment using an infrared camera
- Explore how Antarctic icefish survive without hemoglobin
- Design a food web
- Listen to crabs and fish underwater
- Tour historic East Point, including its unique geology
- Touch a lobster…or is it a robot?
- Visit the solar observatory
- Learn about what some of our neighbors and colleagues are doing to protect the environment
- And more!