TERRA is a club that appreciates all that the earth has to offer, but also understands how the Earth functions and thrives. Associated with the Earth and Environmental Science Department, students gather together to promote and discuss environmental topics as well as plan activities including field trips, invited speakers and local events.
The Terra Society organizes activities that promote an appreciation and understanding of the Earth and of environmental sciences. We sponsor speakers and field trips that aim to broaden our knowledge of the natural word. The Society is open to all students and welcomes anyone interested in the areas of geology, environmental science, and paleontology.
Faculty Advisor: Prof. Richard Bailey
Typical Club Events
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Field Trip
- Triassic TERRA Trivia
- People’s Climate March NYC
- Guided Hike: Middlesex Fells Reservation
- Boston Harbor Islands Science Symposium
- Let’s Talk About Water Symposium
- Annual TERRA Thanksgiving: potluck dinner for TERRA, non-TERRA and TERRA Alum
- Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Annual Chili Contest
- Ice Skating at Frog Pond
- Guest Lectures
Meetings are once a month on Mondays at 7pm in 231 Forsyth. Questions? Contact Terra at email@example.com.