TERRA is a club that appreciates all that the earth has to offer, but also understands how the Earth functions and thrives. Associated with the Earth and Environmental Science Department, students gather together to promote and discuss environmental topics as well as plan activities including field trips, invited speakers and local events.
The Terra Society organizes activities that promote an appreciation and understanding of the Earth and of environmental sciences. We sponsor speakers and field trips that aim to broaden our knowledge of the natural word. The Society is open to all students and welcomes anyone interested in the areas of geology, environmental science, and paleontology.
Committee Members (upcoming for 2012/2013)
President: Aaron Beltzer
Vice President: Tara Larrue
Secretary: Mike Robbins
Treasurer: Theresa DeLucia
Faculty Advisor: Prof. Richard Bailey
- Trip to White Mountains: with Professors Jennifer Cole and Daniel Douglass
- Guided Hike: Middlesex Fells Reservation
- Boston Harbor Islands 2011 Science Symposium
- Let’s Talk About Water 2011 Symposium
- Annual TERRA Thanksgiving: potluck dinner for Terra, non-Terra and Terra Alum
- Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Annual Chili Contest
- TERRA Ice Skating at Frog Pond
Meetings are once a month on Thursdays at 6pm in 14 Holmes Hall in the department lounge. Questions? Contact Terra at firstname.lastname@example.org.