What We Do
University Mail Services consists of four departments: Faculty Mail, serving academic and administrative departments; ResMail, serving student living on campus; NU Shipping Stores, selling an assortment of envelopes, boxes, stamps and more to handle your shipping needs; and Fulfillment Services, providing inventory control, receiving, labeling, inserting, folding and sorting for your mailings.
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm
University Mail Services Hours/Phone
Monday – Friday 8am - 6pm
· Pick up, sort and deliver incoming mail from the United States Postal Service (USPS).
· Incoming USPS mail is processed once a day at 8 a.m. This mail is delivered to all departments beginning at 9:30 a.m., the next business day.
· Pick up, process and deliver the USPS outgoing mail.
· Pick up, sort and deliver interdepartmental mail.
· Process University bulletins for mailing and internal distribution.
· Coordinate and control all permit and bulk mailings by Mail Services or university-approved vendors.
· Assure university compliance with U.S. Postal Regulations and all other university, local, state and federal policies that relate to the processing and delivery of mail.
· Provide advice to university departments regarding mailing needs.
· Maintain, coordinate and submit appropriate reports and transactions to ensure proper accounting and rebilling of postal charges and mailing services to Northeastern University departments.
Mail is picked up and delivered to all departments twice a day. If additional pick up service is needed, contact Mail Service at extension x2114 no later than 2:45 p.m., and service will be provided that day.