Psychology of Play -- Sept 10th
Psychology of Play (cont'd) -- Sept 17
Papers and Websites
Psychology of Play (Cont'd) -- Sept 20
Game Usability -- Sept 27
- Chapter 6: Usability Testing from Nielson, Usability Engineering (see chapter on Piazza)
- Michael C. Medlock et al. (2005). The Rapid Iterative Test and Evaluation Method (RITE): Better
Products in Less Time. Cost-Justifying Usability, Second Edition: An Update for the Internet Age,
Second Edition (Interactive Technologies) Randolph G. Bias (Editor), Deborah J. Mayhew
(Editor), pp 489-518.
- Amaya, G., Davis, J. P., Gunn, D. V., Harrison, C., Pagulayan, R. J., Phlips, B., and Wixon, D. (2008). Games User Research (GUR): Our Expeirence with and Evolution of Four Methods.
Isbister and Noah Schaffer, Game Usability.
- Heather Desurvire. (2008) Game Accessibility Principles (GAP). CHI. (on Piazza)
- Heather Desurvire. (2009). PLAY Principles. HCI 2009. (on Piazza)
Specific Instruments (recomended)