Lecturer in Linguistics
PhD Theoretical Linguistics, University of Maryland
Areas of Research/Interest:
Wh-questions, passivization, ditransitives, word-order and syntactic constraints. Minor research areas: Language typology, sentence processing, and language acquisition
- Malhotra, Shiti. 2011. Movement and Intervention Effects: Evidence from Hindi/Urdu. Doctoral Dissertation. University of Maryland.
- Malhotra, Shiti. 2009. “To the non-existence of NP-traces”. Language Vitality in South Asia. Eds. A.R.Faithi. 274-282.
- Malhotra, Shiti 2009. Quantifer Induced Barriers and Wh-movement. Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Penn Linguistics Colloquium. 15, 139-145.
- Nevins, Andrew, Brian Dillon, Shiti Malhotra and Colin Phillips. 2007. The Role of Feature-Number and Feature-Type in Processing Hindi Verb Agreement Violations. Brain Research.1164, 81-94.
- Malhotra, Shiti. 2006. Revised Centering theory: A view from C-I interface. South Asian Language Review. 16, 53-63.