Part-Time Lecturer in Linguistics
PhD Candidate, Theoretical Linguistics, MIT
Areas of Research/Interest:
Phonological theory; tone; the interaction between phonology and morphology; opacity; phonetics; African languages (especially Bantu, e.g. Swahili and Kinande); Bantu tense and aspect
- Jones, Patrick Jackson (2011, under revision): The Phonological Stem in Kinande.
- Jones, Patrick Jackson (2011). Glide formation in Kinande does not neutralize an underlying ATR contrast. In Selected Proceedings of the 41st Annual Conference on African Linguistics. Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Proceedings Project.
- Jones, Patrick Jackson (2010). New Evidence for a Phonological Stem Domain in Kinande. In Proceedings of the West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics 28. Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Proceedings Project.
- Jones, Patrick Jackson (2009). Accounting for arbitrary syncretism in the verbal system of Kinande. Ms, MIT.
- Flemming, Edward and Patrick Jones (2006). Cues to stop place in Stop-Liquid clusters. Poster presented at 152nd Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Hart, Sean and Jones, Patrick (2001). Fiber Optic Quantum Counter Probe for Incident Excitation Energy Correction in Fluorescence Measurements. Applied Spectroscopy 55, 1717-1724.