- "Nail Polish and Prejudice." ABC's What Would You Do? containing the clip of the boy coming out to his teammates in a sneaker store. Original air date: June 7, 2013
- "Transgender Teen Confronted During Prom Shopping." ABC's What Would You Do? containing the clip of a transgender girl shopping for a prom dress with her mother when she is confronted by her father. Original air date: May 31, 2013
- "Human Sexuality is Complicated." Vlogbrothers video essay by Hank Green on human sexuality used during LGBTQA 101
- "Laverne Cox's Creating Change Keynote." Presented at the 2014 National Conference on LGBT Equality: Creating Change in Houston. TX.
- LGBTQA people are everywhere - in 93%* of all counties. Williams Institute Anaylsis of 2010 Census Data.
- Most states doesn't protect LGBTQA workers - they can be fired just for being LGBTQA. The Movement Advancement Project, "A Broken Bargain." June 2013
- Verbal threats and harassment are still rampant in schools. The Human Rights Campaign's "Growing Up LGBT in America." 2012
- LGBTQA youth are more likely to commit suicide, or use drugs and alcohol. Pediatrics, "The Social Environment and Suicide Attempts in Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Youth." April 2011; The Center for Disease Control and Prevention. "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Youth."
- LGBTQA youth make up 40% of all homeless youth. Williams Institute Study, "America's Shame: 40% of Homeless Youth are LGBT Kids." 2012
*This was incorrectly identified in the LGBTQA 101 presentation as 99%. The statistic has now been updated and the slide corrected.
Safe Zone Participant Submitted Links:
When our participants find pretty awesome related material to our program and share it with us, we will share it here! Feel free to send you own additions to email@example.com.