Legacy Mentoring Program: A Dream Fulfilled!
Welcome to the Legacy Mentoring Program’s home on the Web! We are here as a resource to assist you in navigating the college experience at Northeastern University. We utilize a peer-to-peer mentoring model to keep students connected to the academic, professional, social, and cultural resources available to them at Northeastern and throughout Boston! In addition to mentoring services, we also strive to offer opportunities in the following areas:
- Experiential Learning: Northeastern University’s cooperative education program is a model to schools across the country. To help our students stay competitive, we collaborate with campus offices and community organizations to offer resume critiques, mock interviews, and professional etiquette workshops.
- Global Opportunities: Our campus is quite diverse with three unique culture centers and an international scholars’ institute. The Legacy Mentoring Program works with these centers and other offices to create a welcoming and safe environment for students of all backgrounds. In addition, we work closely with the International Studies Program to host an annual workshop to highlight Study Abroad opportunities!
- Research & Scholarship: In order to support our students’ goals of integrating study and practice, the Legacy Program creates connections for students to engage in undergraduate research. Past students have been published and/or recognized for their outstanding work.
- Urban Engagement: Our students do not only attend classes in Boston; they also volunteer in Boston. Legacy students are involved on campus and across the city in community service opportunities and we are planning to head back to the Greater Boston Food Bank to rekindle an old tradition of group service!
- Creative Expression: The constant involvement of our students in Legacy’s planning process is essential to our success. Mentors and mentees host speaking engagements, film series, and community service projects. Legacy is committed to facilitating students’ creativity.
As you can see, the Legacy Mentoring Program is more than a website or mentoring program; it is a vibrant and diverse community of scholars. Come visit us in 222 Curry Student Center and find out more about what we do!