- A helpful guide from Carnegie Mellon
- “Cutting Edge” course design tutorial from Carleton College
- Further reading: L. Dee Fink. Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2003.
Creating a Syllabus
- Syllabus policies and templates: COS
- Syllabus guide, with additional resources, from Cornell University
- Advice from Carnegie Mellon University
- Further reading: Judith Grunert O’Brien et al. The Course Syllabus: A Learning-Centered Approach. 2nd ed. Jossey-Bass, 2008.
Writing Instructional Objectives and Learning Outcomes
How Students Learn
The First Day of Class
- Advice from Carnegie Mellon
- Tips from Vanderbilt University
- 23 tips for learning student names, from University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Working with Teaching Assistants