Co-Op Inquiry Groups
During the fall 2013 semester, the Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning through Research will be facilitating a series of Co-Op Inquiry Groups.
The Reflections Inquiry Group will develop the questions for the four reflections that the students will complete during their co-ops and upon return to their coursework. It will convene on:
- October 3 (Thursday), 11am-12:30pm
- October 16 (Wednesday), 10:30am-noon
- October 29 (Tuesday), 2:30-4pm
The Readings and Activities Inquiry Group will (1) identify potential chapters in Carol Dweck’s Mindset and Ellen Langer’s The Power of Mindful Learning that would be a good fit for the course, as well as potential articles on intrinsic/extrinsic motivation; and (2) begin the development of a repertoire of teaching and learning activities incorporate the readings and lead to the specified outcomes. It will convene on:
- October 10 (Thursday), 11am-12:30pm
- October 23 (Wednesday), 10:30am-noon
- November 5 (Tuesday), 2:30-4pm
Two Synthesis Conversations will identify models or approaches that integrate the readings and teaching and learning activities into the course to achieve the specified outcomes. They will occur on
- November 15 (Friday), 10:30am-noon
- November 22 (Friday), 10:30am-noon
You are welcome to attend some or all of these sessions.
Location: All meetings of the Co-Op Inquiry Groups will take place in Snell Library 421.