BLUEPRINT is designed for first-year students who are interested in developing their leadership capacity and will assist students in developing a framework for their leadership paths. Through BLUEPRINT, participants will be able to:
- develop relationships with students beyond the classroom and residence halls.
- engage in the Northeastern and global communities through interactions with peers, faculty and staff.
- identify the principles of leadership and learn about your leadership strengths.
- manage and resolve conflict.
- understand and demonstrate how knowledge and affect work together.
- evaluate personal leadership and professional practices through assessment and reflection.
- explain cultural similarities and differences within their BLUEPRINT cohort.
BLUEPRINT is offered in both the fall and spring semesters. Students will begin the BLUEPRINT program by attending a day-long team building retreat. Following the retreat, students will be divided into cohorts of 10-15 students, facilitated by one upperclass student and one faculty/staff member. Each cohort meets for eight 75 minute sessions throughout the semester, followed by a closing ceremony.
If you are interested in participating in BLUEPRINT for Fall 2013, fill out the registration form. For more information, please contact Hayley Haywood at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kyndra Angell at email@example.com.
Being a mentor is a valuable and rewarding experience. It is also a privilege and a responsibility. As a mentor, you must have high level of commitment, a willingness to engage the students in their journey of knowledge, and provide the insight on what steps can be taken to become a contributing leader at Northeastern University and in our global community.
Qualified applicants must be a second, third, fourth, or fifth year student have a 2.75 GPA or higher, and have full-time NU student status.
As a mentor you are required to:
- Support and challenge your mentees
- Work in partnership with a co-mentor
- Attend one training session (meals provided)
- Plan for and attend all sessions (sessions are 1.25 hours weekly)
- Attend the retreat for the mentees (meals and transportation will be provided)
- Attend and participate in two check-in/brainstorming mentor dinners
- Meet with half of your mentees for a minimum of one hour each outside of sessions
- Attend a celebration/certificate ceremony
- Lead with integrity
If you are interested in participating in BLUEPRINT for Spring 2014, fill out the registration form here. For more information, please contact Hayley Haywood at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kyndra Angell at email@example.com.