The Law Library Welcomes NUSL Alumni/ae!
The Law Library offers a number of resources to NUSL alumni/ae. Please enjoy and check back frequently for new additions.
- Get an Alumni Husky ID Card
- Borrow Books
- Contact a Research and Instruction Librarian
- NUSL Electronic Databases
- Other Research Starting Points
- Boston Area Legal Resources
Steps for accessing borrowing privileges and online research databases at both the Law Library and Snell Library:
- Pick up your Alumni Husky ID at the University Registrar's Office in 120 Hayden. Click here for contact information.
- Bring the Alumni Husky ID to the Law Library to be registered in our system, or call the Law Library circulation desk at 617-373-3332.
- For Snell Library, online registration is available.
The Alumni Husky ID card gives you the following privileges:
- Use the collections of the Law Library and Snell Library
- Borrow materials at all NU libraries
- Use library computers to search NUCat, access the Internet and use research databases
- Connect to the NUWave wireless network in the Law Library and at Snell Library for Internet access and research
- Make full use of Snell Library's depository of United States Government publications
Loan Periods and Billing:
- Books are loaned to Alumni for a period of 30 days, with 2 additional renewals.
- Late charges are billed at the rate of 25 cents per day overdue.
The NUSL law library provides reference service to all Northeastern alumni. You can contact us in person, on the phone, or by email.
400 Huntington Ave.
NUSL graduates have access to selected electronic and online research services from both the Law Library and Snell Library:
- ON SITE ACCESS: The Law Library's electronic databases and Snell Library's electronic resources are available to Alumni who are walk-in users at the library.
- REMOTE ACCESS: A limited number of Snell Library's non-law databases are available for remote access at your home or office using your username and NU ID number. Click here for a list.
If you have not yet done so, you should register your Alumni Husky ID card with the Law Library and Snell Library.
If you have questions please call the Law Library Research Help Desk at 617-373-3332.