NUSL Job Listings
Here are some ways to view Northeastern's job listings:
Job Postings and More
The Center for Co-op and Professional Advancement (CCOPA) uses Symplicity, a web-based management system, to handle our job postings, among other important functions. Please note: The office does not check, validate or guarantee the accuracy of the job information presented, nor does it make any representations or endorsements about the background or reputation of the employers. Potential applicants are encouraged to perform their own investigation of the employers and employment opportunities presented.
In addition to job postings, students and graduates can also use Symplicity to store their own documents, including copies of resumes, cover letters, and writing samples. Further, students and graduates can access important CCOPA documents that are stored in the "Document Library" in Symplicity. Moreover, the CCOPA uses Symplicity to coordinate fall recruiting, job fairs and to schedule events and interviews.
Instructions for Searching for Job Listings
To access job postings on Symplicity, select "Job Postings" on the dark blue bar across the top of the page. Individual job postings can be viewed by clicking on the "job title" of each job posted.
To get the most out of your job search on Symplicity, please follow these important guidelines:
- Key Words: This field is self-explanatory, but be careful not to limit your search by being too specific (e.g. “family law” is a good search term, but “child custody” is too specific).
- Practice Areas: We DO NOT recommend using this search field because many jobs are not entered using this information. Any listing that comes up under this field will not necessarily reflect all applicable jobs in the database.
- Position Type: You can search by position type, but ignore any category that is listed as “Co-op.”
- Employer Type: IGNORE this field. It is for internal use only.
- Location (City and/or State): Select the “Advanced Search” tab, in the City field box, type in the city of your choice and in the State drop-down box, select the appropriate state.
- Experience Level: If you want to search positions by experience level, select the appropriate range (0-3, more than 3, unknown). Third year students and recent graduates may want to search "0-3" and "unknown" to view positions relevant for newer graduates. Graduates with some experience may want to ignore this field to capture all available jobs including jobs that may fall within both ranges. (For example, a job that requires two-five years' experience will be included in both the "0-3" and "more than 3" category.)
- To ensure that you are not missing any relevant job opportunities, you may want to search all jobs (i.e. no filters) in the database periodically.
Login Instructions for Current Students
To access the Symplicity Database, login using your MyNEU username and password.
Login Instructions for Recent Graduates
Graduates can continue to use their MyNeu username and password for one year after graduation to log on to Symplicity. At the end of that year, you will be sent instructions on how to continue to access your Symplicity account.
Login Instructions for Graduates from Class 2007 and after
Please e-mail email@example.com to request a Symplicity account update.
Login Instructions for Graduates Classes Prior to 2007
To register for a new Symplicity account, go to https://law-neu-csm.symplicity.com, select "students/alumni." Select "register" and complete the registration form. After submitting your completed registration form, you will receive an e-mail from Symplicity requesting e-mail verification. Once you verify your e-mail, CCOPA will review your registration and you will receive a second e-mail from Symplicity issuing you a login and password.
Career Information Online: Job Listings, Publications & Career-Related Sites
We have identified hundreds of job-related Internet sites which you can search to find information on job opportunities. Please contact CCOPA for username and password: Log in to Career Information Online
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.