Alumni/ae Association Alumni/ae Association
Founded in 1974, the Alumni/ae Association exists to increase the number of actively engaged School of Law alumni/ae, to provide opportunities for graduates to interact and maintain relations with each other and the general School of Law community and to promote the public image and well-being of the School of Law.
The Alumni/ae Association board of directors consists of approximately 30 graduates who serve three-year terms. From time to time, one or more current NUSL students are appointed to serve as student representatives to the board.
Alumni/ae Association Board Stipend Available -- Upcoming Deadline October 26, 2016
The NUSL Alumni/ae Board continues its support of law school students in non-paid public interest co-ops by presenting the Alumni/ae Award. The Alumni/ae Award of $5,000 is granted to one law school student per quarter to help defer the costs of their unpaid public service co-op.
- You must be an enrolled NUSL law student.
- Your co-op must be unpaid.
- Your co-op must be with a legal services office, a government agency, a public defender or a non-profit advocacy group; and the co-op must either (i) expand into a relatively new legal market (geographic and/or areas of practice); or (ii) explore new applications of law through in-depth research or the development of novel theories of law which address issues of social concern.
How to Apply
- You must submit a statement before the deadline.
- Your statement must include your name, date, co-op employer, co-op location and answer the question(s), “What new legal markets or new applications of law will your co-op likely expand/explore? Is it a new co-op that you created? Explain." There is no specific suggested length for the application, but we ask that you please adequately answer the questions above.
For Winter Quarter: noon on October 26, 2016 (no late submissions will be accepted)
Submit Statement to:
Mielle A. Marquis
Director for External Relations
Northeastern University School of Law
416 Huntington Avenue Boston, MA 02115