Connections 2017 April 5, 2017
Date: Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
Time: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Location: Nixon Peabody, 100 Summer Street
Connections is NUSL’s largest annual networking event that the Office of Alumni/ae Relations hosts for current students. The event's goal is to provide career guidance and professional development to our current 1L’s, 2L’s, and 3L’s. Graduates from all over New England are invited to attend and approximately 100 alumni/ae participate each year. These graduates serve as short-term advisers to approximately 200 students who attend each year.
This year's event will be hosted by Nixon Peabody.
Please stay tuned for student and graduate registration links.
Registration for this program is required. Space is limited for graduate registrations, so we encourage signing up early.
Topics that are covered include:
- Career paths and training programs available within a graduate’s area of specialization
- Characteristics (and availability) of entry-level positions for law graduates
- Specific skills required to excel in a particular field
- Important issues for students to consider when seeking a summer position or first job
- Important questions for students to ask when interviewing for a job within your field.
Additionally, Connections offers graduates an opportunity to network with fellow graduates in a wide variety of fields and professional positions. Many alumns find the event helpful for their own practice. This conference is hosted by a major Boston-area law firm each year and offers visible sponsorship opportunities for NUSL graduates, co-op employers and community members. The 2017 event will take place on Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 and will be hosted by Nixon Peabody, located at 100 Summer Street, Boston.
Participate in the Conversation:
To participate in Twitter conversations around Connections, please add the hashtag #Connections17 to your tweets.