- Former PHRGE Ford Foundation Fellow Angela Duger, ’11 and PHRGE Faculty Co-Director Martha F. Davis have co-authored an article on the Right to Food in the September/October Issue of the Clearinghouse Review. The article is featured in a special issue of Clearinghouse that is devoted to food policy. The article explores food security from a human rights- based perspective. view here.
- Professor Martha Davis, Co-Director of PHRGE authored an article, “Occupy Wall Street and International Human Rights,” for the Fordham Urban Law Journal to be published in 2012.
- Summer 2012: The Northeastern University Law Journal will release a special issue on the 2011 ESCR Institute: Framing Economic, Social and Cultural Rights for Advocacy and Mobilization: Towards a Strategic Agenda in the United States. Articles to be included in the special issue are:
- Risa E. Kaufman: "Framing Economic, Social and Cultural Rights at the U.N."
- Eric S. Tars, Julia Lum, E. Kieran Paul: "The Champagne of Housing Rights: France's Enforceable Right to Housing and Lessons for US Advocates"
- Gillian MacNaugton & Mariah McGill: "Economic and Social Rights in the United States: Implementation Without Ratification"
- Dorothy Q. Thomas: “The 99% Solution: Human Rights and Economic Justice in the United States"
- J. Peter Sabonis, Monica Iyer, Brittany Scott: “Framing a Right to Housing”
- Margaret Serrano: “Legal Services Fraud in Immigrant Communities, and the U Visa’s Potential to Help Victimized Communities Help Themselves”
- Alexandra Bonazoli: “Human Rights Frames in Grassroots Organizations: CADRE and the Effort to Stop School Pushout”
- June 15th: A downloadable version of Human rights from the grassroots up: Vermont’s campaign for universal health care by Ford Foundation Fellow, Mariah McGill, is now available on the Health and Human Rights website. view here
- May 15th: PHRGE issued the report on the 2010 ESCR Institute, "Beyond National Security: Immigrant Communities and Economic, Social and Cultural Rights." view here
- April 10th: Ford Foundation Fellow, Angela Duger, published an article on the Health and Human Rights Blog, "Obesity, NCDs, and the Right to Food." view here
- March 28th: Professor Martha Davis, Co-Director of PHRGE co-authored a blog post with Risa Kaufman, Executive Director of the Human Rights Institute at the Columbia Law School, titled "A Human-Rights Lens on the Affordable Care Act," for the Huffington Post. view here
- March 26th: Professor Martha Davis, Co-Director to PHRGE contributed to a blog post for the Guardian, titled "The US Supreme Court Healthcare Hearing: A Panel opinion." view here
- March 26th: Matthews Distinguished Professor Wendy Parmet contributed to a White Coat Notes post for the Boston Globe on Monday's Supreme Court hearing regarding the Affordable Care Act. view here
- March 26th: Professor Aziza Ahmed also contributed a post to the Guardian titled "The Unintended Consequences of Nick Kristof's Anti-Sex Crusade." view here
- February 1st: Gillian MacNaughton and Paul Hunt, “A Human Rights-Based Approach to Social Impact Assessment” in New Directions in Social Impact Assessment: Conceptual and Methodological Advances edited by Frank Vanclay & Ana Maria Esteves, Edward Elgar Publishing (2012) 355-368.
- February 1st: Ford Foundation Fellow Mariah McGill published "Human Rights from the Grassroots Up: Vermont's Campaign for Universal Health Care" in Health and Human Rights: An International Journal. The article is currently available on line and will be included in the June 2012 issue. view here.