News and Events
News and Events
- December 2, 2013: Brook Baker quoted in the article, "Canada must learn from NAFTA legal battles"
- November 7-8, 2013: 2013 PHRGE Human Rights Institute: “Human Rights and Violence Against Women: Applying the Due Diligence Framework.”
- Want more information? See our Institute concept note to learn more about this event
- November 1-2, 2013: PHRGE to speak on Millennium Development Goals and Human Trafficking at Millennium Campus Conference to be held at Northeastern!
- October 29th, 2013: On Fellow Talk: Seth Purcell explains that the Syrian human rights crisis continues, despite the progress on chemical weapons
- October 22nd, 2013: PHRGE hosted Sudanese hip-hop sensation, Emmanuel Jal, for a conversation on "Hip-Hop and Human Rights" as part of "A Week for Peace with Emmanuel Jal," hosted by Northeastern University's Humanities Center.
- October 18th, 2013: PHRGE Fellow Kirsten Blume blogs about her experience in Geneva, Switzerland at the UN Human Rights Committee Hearings. Blume is attending the hearings as part of her co-op at NLCHP
- July 3, 2013: Martha Davis on Radio Boston: "Abortion Clinics and Buffer Zones"
- May 29, 2013: PHRGE Fellow Stephanie Gharakhanian was featured in news@Northeastern. The article profiles her work at ProDESC in Mexico City as a PHRGE fellow.
- May 17-19, 2013: PHRGE Executive Director Kevin Murray moderated a gathering of drug policy reform activists in Bogotá, Colombia, at the same time the Organization of American States issued a new report on drug policy reform in Latin America. An article about the report is available here.
- May 17, 2013: PHRGE Faculty Co-Director Martha Davis delivered a talk at Lund University in Sweden on the role of human rights in the United States.
- April 22, 2013: Panel Discussion: "What Now? School Assignment and Quality in the Boston Public Schools" This public event brought together community leaders, a human rights expert and a senior administrator of the BPS to consider what a human rights perspective brings to the contentious public discussion about school assignment in Boston.
- April 3, 2013: PHRGE launched a Fellow blog entitled "Fellow Talk" which allows current and former fellows to share their experiences of fellowships domestic and abroad.
- March 27, 2013: Philip Alston of New York University School of Law delivered the 2013 Valerie Gordon lecture on "Protecting Social Rights: Is the UN Doing Its Job?"
Each year PHRGE hosts an institute on cutting edge economic, social and cultural rights issues, bringing together scholars and practitioners to debate such topics.