News and Events
News and Events
- June 25th, PHRGE Faculty affiliate, Rachel Rosenbloom on the need for client representation in immigration court.
- June 23rd, PHRGE co-sponsored an NuLawLab panel discussion entitled “The Movement for Domestic Workers’ Rights,”
- June 5th, Announcing a new book: PHRGE faculty affiliate, Liza Weinstein of the Northeastern Dept. of Sociology! The Durable Slum: Dharavi and the Right to Stay Put in Globalizing Mumbai analyzes the successive waves of forced displacement in Mumbai from the perspective of displaced slum dwellers
- June 4th, The SCOTUSBlog cites Human Rights at Home post on the U.S. v. Bond Supreme Court decision.
- June 2nd, PHRGE Assosiate Director Mariah McGill blogged about "Human Rights and Public Opinion" for the Human Rights at Home blog.
- June 1st, NUSL grad and former PHRGE Fellow, Angela Duger, wins Law and Society essay contest.
- May 7th, NUSL's Domestic Violence Institute achieves Boston City Council passage of resolution recognizing "the human right to be free from domestic violence."
- May 2nd, PHRGE Affiliated Faculty member, Roger Abrams, comments on the meaning of the Donald Sterling debacle.
- April 19th, Former PHRGE Fellow, Steven Toff writes about “Colombian Free Trade and Labor Rights” on Fellow Talk.
- April 14th, Former PHRGE Fellow, Adam Cernea Clark explains the legal complexities challenging the recognition of the land rights of African-Descended communities in Costa Rica
- March 28th, PHRGE hosted Congressman James McGovern who gave a talk on the state of human rights in the United States. Following the talk the Congressman joined attendees in some light refreshments and snacks where he generously fielded some questions from guests.
- March 19th, PHRGE affiliated professor Michael Meltsner recently co-authored an article in The Nation regarding Edward Snowden.
- March13th,Beyond 2015: Due Diligence Framework to End Violence against Women," a panel discussion convened by the Due Diligence Project.
- March 5th, In an article, Prof. Leo Beletsky answers some pressing questions concerning police response to an increasing number of drug overdoses.
- February26th, PHRGE Co-Director Martha Davis and Domestic Violence Institute Clinical Supervisor, Margaret Drew are editing a new blog, "Human Rights at Home", as part of the Law Professors' Blogs network. The blog will feature a variety of co-editors writing on human rights and the law in the United States.
- February14th, PHRGE Faculty Co-Director, Martha Davis has co-authored a report with the Opportunity Agenda, on human rights and state courts.
- Winter 2014, Former PHRGE fellow, Adam Cernea Clark, is profiled on page 5 of the latest edition of NUSL's law magazine.
- February 12th, PHRGE FORUM: Nahal Zamani, Advocacy Program Manager at the Center for Constitution Rights presents her research on the powerful psychological effects of violations of economic, social and cultural rights.
- February 6th, PHRGE co-sponsors and event where Professor Brook Baker discussed human rights and IP extremism in the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- February4th, PHRGE co-sponsors Ya Me Voy (I'm Outta Here)an event where a Guatemalan trans woman and a U.S. Attorney discussed LGBTQ Rights in Guatemala and the use of rights violations as the basis of U.S. Asylum claims.
- February 3rd, Our own Leo Beletsky , Associate Professor of Law and Health Sciences, offers the following reflection on how future drug overdoses might be prevented.
- January 24th, PHRGE is delighted to announce that Jootaek “Juice” Lee has become our newest PHRGE affiliated faculty member.
- January 19th, PHRGE Affiliated Faculty Member Aziza Ahmed has published an article arguing against zero-tolerance prostitution laws in Foreign Policy Magazine.
- January 14th, PHRGE Founder, Professor Hope Lewis will deliver the 2014 Kate Stoneman Visiting Professor Lecture..
- January 7th, PHRGE Affiliated Faculty Member Professor Roger Abrams blogs about the Sochi Olympics in the Huffington Post.