The Kostas Institute has three floors of laboratory space designed for a wide range of resilience and security-related research. These laboratory spaces at KRI are intended for co-locating academic, industry, and government research partners.
Northeastern’s Laboratory for Structural Testing of Resilient and Sustainable Systems (STReSS Lab) located at KRI, features a 2,000 square–foot reinforced concrete strong floor to enable full-scale testing to failure of buildings, bridges and other structures.
Expanding research partnerships with companies/organizations
- R&D partnerships with established corporations
- Multi-year commitment
- Corporate facilities on campus; co-located NU research labs
- Corporate funding of NU research
Education and research collaboration
- Corporation provides state-of-the-art instrumentation; NU provides training, gains access for research & instrument development
- Partnering with corporations and external R&D organizations on proposals
- Northeastern is preferred research and tech transfer partner