Northeastern Information Technology Services provides video conferencing through Blue Jeans.
Blue Jeans is a cloud-based video conferencing and content-sharing service that offers interoperability with multiple platforms. Using Blue Jeans, you can meet and share content using an in-room conferencing system, a Windows or Mac desktop or laptop browser, or an iOS or Android mobile device.
This service allows you to collaborate via both audio and video with coworkers, vendors, and partners from around the globe by hosting guest speakers, conducting interviews, or participating in meetings or classes on or off-campus.
Blue Jeans is available to faculty and staff. For access to Blue Jeans, go to northeastern.bluejeans.com. Log in with your myNEU username and password. Once you log in, you may start an instant meeting, schedule a meeting, or attend a meeting.
- In a room with supported conferencing platforms (such as Polycom systems found in sites around Northeastern campuses) – Connect your laptop to the system and go to northeastern.bluejeans.com.
- On a Windows or Mac computer – Sign in to northeastern.bluejeans.com through your browser with your myNEU username and password, and use the built in web camera and microphone.
- On an iOS or Android phone – Download the Blue Jeans app . To log in, you must go through your browser at northeastern.bluejeans.com, signing in using your myNEU username and password.
You can find informational videos, support, and extensive knowledge base information about scheduling, managing, and joining your meetings on the Blue Jeans website.
You may also visit http://bluejeans.com/for/northeastern-and-bluejeans to sign up for live training, view getting started guides, or to obtain support from Blue Jeans.
Contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this service or to request assistance.
Other Audio and Video Collaboration Options
- Blackboard Collaborate – The most popular use of Blackboard Collaborate is the web confererncing module which allows faculty and students to meet in an online space using video and/or audio chat, whiteboard features, slideshow features, and screensharing features.
- Microsoft Lync – Faculty and staff can use Microsoft Lync on and off campus for a range of collaboration activities, including AV/Web conferencing, whiteboarding, screen sharing, application sharing and file transfers.