The Appointment Calendar, a Salesforce.com application, allows advisors and other staff members to setup availability for student appointments, walk-ins, or other “appointment blocks.” Students can then access this availability and book individual “appointment entries” with the advisors via a link on the myNEU portal.
Computer configuration requirements for advisors who would like to use Appointment Calendar:
- Windows: Outlook 2010, Outlook Web Access (OWA) or a license for Salesforce.com
- Mac: Outlook 2011 or a license for Salesforce.com
- Internet browsers which are compatible with Appointment Calendar and Salesforce.com such as Internet Explorer 8.x, Firefox 3.x, Safari 4.x or Chrome which have been tested for compatibility when using the Appointment Calendar student application and Salesforce.com. Other browsers may not perform as expected.
Any advisors who choose to use Salesforce.com directly must apply for an account from the myHelp Service Catalog. This application process requires agreement from the departments to pay an annual license fee. As of 2014-15, the fee is $454 per user/per year for the license and is subject to change.
Watch the following training videos for important tips and tricks when using the Appointment Calendar as an advisor or other staff member:
- Introduction to Salesforce.com.
- Next, see how to setup and make changes to your calendar profile within Salesforce.com.
- Learn how to create and modify your availability in Outlook with appointment blocks.
- Set up out of office time in Outlook that can be viewed by students in the calendar.
- Also, see how to schedule group meetings for multiple students to book into.
- Ever wonder what to do when you receive a meeting request during an appointment block? Learn how to reserve time within a block,
- See how you can create and modify appointment entries within Outlook on behalf of students, alumni, or others.
- Alternatively, create walk-in and adhoc appointment entries when you meet with students.
- Watch this video to see how to mark a student as a no show for their scheduled appointment.
- Watch this video to learn how to cancel blocks and entries one-off. (Please note that watching the next video -see below- will show you how to cancel many at once!)
- Learn all the features of the Salesforce.com day at a glance view including cancelling many appointments at once.
- See how to manage appointments in Salesforce.com and set the appointment type and format.
View the following training videos for important tips and tricks when using the Appointment Calendar:
- First, see how to get started with the appointment calendar.
- Next, view an advisor’s profile and learn about the different types of appointments.
- Learn how to schedule and cancel appointments with advisors.
If you have any questions or problems, contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there features you would like to see incorporated in the next release of the Appointment Calendar? Do you have other feedback? Please send an email to email@example.com.