Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) guards your computer against viruses, spyware, and other threats. All students, staff and faculty have access to it for both on-campus and home use.
Platforms: Windows and Mac
- Northeastern-managed computers
- ITS-managed computer labs
- Unmanaged Northeastern computers: Submit a Locally Installed Software request through the ServiceNow portal (sign-in may be required)
- Student personal computers: myNEU > Self-Service > Study and Course Resources > Software Download
- Faculty/staff personal computers: myNEU > Services and Links > Faculty/Staff Services > Software Downloads
If you have a non-Northeastern managed computer that has pre-existing antivirus software, you will need to uninstall that software prior to installing the latest Symantec Endpoint Protection. Additional information about installing the software can be found here.
All users of Northeastern University-owned/-managed/-licensed computers, networks, systems and software, are responsible for being familiar with and adhering to the Appropriate Use Policy (AUP).