Microsoft’s Office 2010 and Office 2013 suites include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and more. All the programs share a consistent look and feel, integrating easily.
- Northeastern-managed computers: For Office 2010, go to All Programs > Microsoft Office. For Office 2013, go to All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013. Office 2013 is pre-installed on computers with a Fall 2014-present image. Faculty/staff on managed computers with older images can choose to upgrade through one of two methods outlined in How To: Upgrade to Office 2013 on a Northeastern-managed Windows computer.
- Unmanaged Northeastern computers: Microsoft Office 2010 and Office 2013 are currently available by submitting a Locally Installed Software Request through the myHelp Service Catalog. If you have been migrated to Office 365 on an A3 license, you may also download Office 2013 for free directly from Microsoft. Learn more about this option here.
- ITS-managed computer labs: All Programs > Microsoft Office (2010), or All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013 (2013).
- Student personal computers: Northeastern students have free access to Office 2013 through the Microsoft Student Advantage Program. Download instructions. Installation instructions.
- Faculty/staff personal computers: Direct from vendor.
- If you have been migrated to Office 365 on an A3 license, you may download Office 2013 for free from Microsoft. Learn more about this option here.
- If you have not been migrated to Office 365 or wish to purchase Office, go to the Microsoft Home Use Program for Office 2013.
- After selecting the United States in the ‘choose your location’ screen, enter your Northeastern email address and the purchase code 11F78DA494.
- If you are eligible, you will see a screen confirming your eligibility and receive an email confirmation with the next steps to purchasing MS Office 2011 for Mac
at a greatly discounted rate.
- For order or store related questions, complete the form on the web page or contact Digital River at 1.877.237.3165, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.
All users of Northeastern University-owned/-managed/-licensed computers, networks, systems and software, are responsible for being familiar with and adhering to the Appropriate Use Policy (AUP).