Mathematica is used in engineering, mathematics, finance, physics, chemistry, biology, and a wide range of other fields. Mathematica is ideal for course lecture slideshows, student exploratory projects to support a text, faculty or student computations and visualizations related to research, creating full research papers, and any project where you want to visualize scientific information.
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
Vendor Information: Wolfram Research
- Northeastern University Site Info
- Mathematica Learning Center
- Online Library Archive
- Demonstrations Project
- Northeastern-managed computers
- ITS-managed computer labs
- Unmanaged Northeastern computers and faculty/staff personal computers: Direct from vendor. Go to the Knowledge Base for the solution (you may need to sign in with your myNEU username and password). That link will work ONLY for faculty and staff.
- Student personal computers: Direct from vendor. Direct from vendor. Go to the Knowledge Base for the solution (you may need to sign in with your myNEU username and password). That link will work ONLY for students.
- Research computing
All users of Northeastern University-owned/-managed/-licensed computers, networks, systems and software, are responsible for being familiar with and adhering to the Appropriate Use Policy (AUP).