NUwave-guest, the open-access (not secured) wireless network, is available in administrative and classroom buildings, as well as the libraries. NUwave-guest is intended for those without a myNEU login visiting Northeastern University to have limited Internet access to most browser-based applications, email and their own VPN. To access NUwave-guest you will need to register through a guest wireless portal page.
NUwave-guest is available to provide internet access to short-term guests, such as parents, vendors, and conference or event attendees.
If you are a visiting scholar or researcher, or a lecturer, contractor, or other longer-term guest, please work with your Northeastern contact to get a Sponsored Account for on-campus Internet access.
- To register for a temporary guest wireless account, you will need to register through the guest wireless portal registration page, providing your name, cell phone number and email address. Follow the instructions in How To: Register for NUwave-guest access.
- You will receive a text message containing your user name and a password to be entered into the guest portal login page for network access, on up to three devices. Follow the directions in How To: Login to NUwave-guest with a username and password.
- There is an eight-hour time limit for NUwave-guest. Once the allotted time expires, you will be required to re-register in order to receive a new password to continue to use the guest wireless network.
NOTE: Certain Northeastern locations exist in multi-tenant buildings not fully occupied by the university, and for security the standard registration process requires a special access code. These locations include: 177 Huntington Avenue (select floors only), 236 Huntington Avenue, and the Boston Financial Campus (Broad Street). Key on-site personnel are provided with the access code, which changes on a monthly basis.
- When you arrive for your conference/event, you will be given a code by the event organizers.
- Follow the directions in How To: Connect to NUwave-guest with a conference code.
- Your access is valid for the duration of the conference/event.
- When you arrive for your conference/event or at the Warren Conference Center & Inn, you will be provided with a unique login.
- Follow the directions in How To: Login to NUwave-guest with a username and password.
- Your access is valid for the duration of the conference/event or your stay.
- For standard guest access for conference and event attendees, you may submit a myHelp request one week prior to the event in order to pre-register attendees and provide wireless access for the duration of the event.
- For access beyond what is already provided with NUwave-guest, you may submit a myHelp request two weeks prior to the event date and ITS will work to provide the proper solution.
- Additional information on how conference and event organizers can provide wireless access to their attendees can be found on the How To: Provide NUwave-guest access to conference/event attendees page.
If you have a question or need assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or via email at email@example.com. Outside of regular Service Desk hours both the phone number and email are monitored by the staff at the Help & Information Desk near the InfoCommons in Snell Library.
If you are an event/conference organizer, follow the steps found on the How To: Provide NUwave-guest access to conference/event attendees page.
- How To: Register for NUwave-guest access
- How To: Login to NUwave-guest with a username and password
- How To: Connect to NUwave-guest with a conference code
- How To: Provide NUwave-guest access to conference/event attendees