NUwave-guest, the open-access (not secured) wireless network, is available in administrative and classroom buildings, as well as the libraries. NUwave-guest is intended for those without a myNEU login visiting Northeastern University to have limited Internet access to most browser-based applications, email and their own VPN. To access NUwave-guest you will need to register through a guest wireless portal page.
- To register for a temporary guest wireless account, you will need to register through the guest wireless portal registration page, providing your name, cell phone number and email address. Follow the instructions in How To: Access the NUwave-guest unsecured wireless network.
- You will receive a text message containing your user name and an access code to be entered into the guest portal login page for network access, on up to three devices.
- There is an eight-hour time limit for NUwave-guest. Once the allotted time expires, you will be required to re-register in order to receive a new access code to continue to use the guest wireless network.
For conference and event planners:
- For standard guest access for conference and event attendees, you may submit a myHelp request one week prior to the event in order to pre-register attendees and provide wireless access for the duration of the event.
- For access beyond what is already provided with NUwave-guest, you may submit a myHelp request two weeks prior to the event date and ITS will work to provide the proper solution.
- Additional information on how conference and event organizers can provide wireless access to their attendees is located on the NUwave-guest Wireless Network FAQ page.
If you have a question or need assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Outside of regular Service Desk hours both the phone number and email are monitored by the staff at the Help & Information Desk near the InfoCommons in Snell Library.
If you are an event/conference organizer, follow the steps in the conference FAQ.
- How To: Access the NUwave-guest unsecured wireless network
- How to: Provide NUwave-guest access to conference or event participants