NUwave-guest, the open-access (not secured) wireless network, is available in administrative and classroom buildings, as well as the libraries. NUwave-guest is intended for those without a myNEU login visiting Northeastern University to have limited Internet access to most browser-based applications, email and their own VPN. To access NUwave-guest you will need to register through a guest wireless portal page.
- To register for a temporary guest wireless account, you will need to register through the guest wireless portal registration page, providing your name, cell phone number and email address.
- You will receive a text message containing your user name and an access code to be entered into the guest portal login page for network access, on up to three devices.
- There is an eight-hour time limit for NUwave-guest. Once the allotted time expires, you will be required to re-register in order to receive a new access code to continue to use the guest wireless network.
For conference and event planners:
- For standard guest access for conference and event attendees, you may submit a myHelp request one week prior to the event in order to pre-register attendees and provide wireless access for the duration of the event.
- For access beyond what is already provided with NUwave-guest, you may submit a myHelp request two weeks prior to the event date and ITS will work to provide the proper solution.
- Additional information on how conference and event organizers can provide wireless access to their attendees is located on the NUwave-guest Wireless Network FAQ page.
If you have a question or need assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Outside of regular Service Desk hours both the phone number and email are monitored by the staff at the Help & Information Desk near the InfoCommons in Snell Library.
If you are an event/conference organizer, follow the steps in the conference FAQ.
- How To: Access the NUwave-guest unsecured wireless network
- How to: Provide NUwave-guest access to conference or event participants