myBackup is a secure cloud-based computer backup service available to faculty and staff to protect or restore your work data on Northeastern-owned computers. Individuals using this service can select which folders and files to back up (with the exception of certain system files).
Some of the key benefits are:
- Fully automated data protection for all work data
- Unlimited data backup to the cloud
- Backup and restore anywhere on or off campus, anytime (via client or web portal)
- Support for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X
Faculty and staff have access to this service and must place a request through the myHelp Service. Upon receiving financial approval, ITS will provide installation instructions and installation support as needed.
- Enter a Service-Now (myHelp) request by going to myBackup in the Help and Support Services group in the Service Catalog.
- On the Catalog Item page, select Add to myBackUp from the Add, Change or Remove myBackUp dropdown menu.
- Complete the remaining fields, using the magnifying glass search when available to make a selection.
- You will need to provide the name of your computer as the unique identifier (how to find your computer name).
- Click Order Now when you are done.
- Your request must be approved by your manager and by your financial manager.
- You will receive an e-mail notifying you when the software (Connected BackupPC) is accessible. At this time you can install it on your computer by adding it from the network applications on a Windows computer or from the link in the email if you are using a Mac.
- CAUTION: If you have installed a previous software version of myBackup, you must uninstall the older copy prior to installing the cloud version.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or email@example.com.
- How To: Install myBackup on a Windows computer
- How To: Install myBackup on a Mac
- How To: Retrieve your backed up files from the cloud