As smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices have become more popular, ITS recognizes that they provide important electronic access while on the go. Below we have provided tips and tricks that you may find helpful during your time here at Northeastern.
All students, faculty and staff have the ability to access certain Northeastern systems, such as email, through personal mobile devices. Additionally there are many helpful applications where Northeastern resources may be accessed directly instead of through a browser.
Employee discounts are available to faculty and staff when purchasing personal devices.
Based on their position, department or college, certain Northeastern employees may be eligible for a university-provided cell phone or device. This determination is made on departmental level by those responsible for purchasing decisions. Acquisitions are handled directly through Procurement.
Students may use iOS or Android personal mobile devices they own to connect to Northeastern resources. Discounts are not available.
Information for accessing Northeastern systems through your personal mobile device can be found in the How To’s below.
Due to the variety of existing devices and operating systems, ITS support for wireless devices is limited.
- Supported mobile platforms include: iPhone/iPad and Android.
- Supported Operating Systems include: iOS and Android
- Support includes verifying wireless network connectivity and wireless access point functionality, assistance to connect to Exchange or HuskyMail email, and assistance with security certificate acceptance.
- How To: Connect to NUwave on a mobile device
- How To: Accept a wireless security cert on a mobile device
- How To: Configure Exchange on a mobile device
- How To: Configure HuskyMail on a mobile device
- How To: Configure VPN on a mobile device
- How To: Access Blackboard Mobile Learn on a mobile device