Faculty, staff and Sponsored Account holders may request the creation, use and administration of a customized email discussion/e-newsletter lists that can be used to distribute email to a group of people. Known as mailing or distribution lists, these are provided using the LISTSERV software.
Administrators maintain their own lists using web-based and email based tools. The service includes built-in archiving, automatic bounce processing, content filtering, digest delivery, spam filters and personalized preferences.
- Web based list administration for nearly all tasks, including list configuration, moderation (post approvals), management of user accounts
- Web based subscribing and unsubscribing, and user configuration management. Users can temporarily disable their accounts, select digest modes, hide their email addresses from other members, etc.
- Per-list privacy features, such as closed-subscriptions, private archives, private membership rosters, and sender-based posting rules
- Configurable (per-list and per-user) delivery mode
- Regular (immediate) delivery
- MIME digest
- Plain (RFC 1153) digests
- Integrated bounce detection within an extensible framework. Automatic disposition of bouncing addresses (disable, unsubscribe)
- Integrated spam filters
- Built-in web-based archiving
- Integrated auto-replies
- Majordomo-style email based commands
- Multiple list owners and moderators are possible
To request a mailing list, go to myHelp Service Catalog and select LISTSERV Request in the Messaging Services section.
For information on this service contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org.