If you are looking for information on Northeastern-specific technologies, you should visit the ITS Knowledge Base, which is always available and searchable.
There are hundreds of Northeastern-specific solutions covering:
- Accounts (related to your Northeastern identity, accessing email, or university applications and services)
- Email (for both faculty/staff and students)
- myNEU portal (with links to a wide range of services)
- Software (applications such as Salesforce and SharePoint adapted for use at Northeastern)
- Teaching technologies (such as Blackboard, lecture capture and web conferencing)
- Networks (NUnet, ResNet, NUwave and NUwave-guest wireless, and the Remote Access VPN)
The Knowledge Base is accessible to anyone with a myNEU username and password – anywhere, any time, on any device via the Internet.
After signing in to the myHelp portal with your myNEU username and password, you’ll find it under “Self-Service” in the left menu. Or if you are logged in to the myNEU portal, you can find the Knowledge Base link under the student Self-Service tab or the faculty/staff Services and Links tab.
When you search the Knowledge Base, you can browse by categories and/or enter your search terms. If you are doing a text search, include the name of the software or hardware you are using, and the task you are trying to accomplish, for example “Outlook 2010 calendar delegation” or “myNEU password change,” to get the best results.
If you have problems accessing the Knowledge Base, contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.