Beginning Fall 2014, Northeastern University will be migrating to Office 365. Details about the migration can be found here.
All faculty and staff are provided with an @neu.edu email account upon his/her start date. Information Technology Services (ITS) uses Microsoft Exchange, which is accessible through Microsoft Outlook (Windows/Mac), the Web-based platform Outlook Web App (OWA) and various mobile devices. For those interested in using a different email application, IMAP is available.
Email is available for vendors, contractors or consultants performing work for Northeastern University and can be requested when submitting a Sponsored Account Request Form.
A university @neu.edu email account includes the following features:
- Contacts, integrated with Northeastern’s email directory for quick access to faculty, staff and student email accounts
- Integration with Lync instant messaging and SharePoint
- Web-based access using Outlook Web App (OWA)
- IMAP support for using alternate email applications
- Sync email, contacts, calendar and notes with mobile devices
- Ability to have email account forwarded
- Support for an email aliases
A university email account (@neu.edu) is automatically available to faculty and staff upon their start date. Those with sponsored accounts must select the university email option on the Sponsored Accounts Request Form, with access pending approval. Retirees may also choose to retain access to their email account, see the FAQs for details.
To configure email and/or Outlook, follow the tips and tricks outlined in the How To’s.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or visit our Getting Started pages for more details. Support is provided by ITS during Service Desk hours, except during holidays and intersession.
Scheduled maintenance will be announced.
- How To: Configure Outlook 2010 on Windows
- How To: Configure Outlook 2011 on a Mac
- How To: Configure iPhone for Exchange Email
- How To: Configure Android for Exchange Email
- How To: Add or Remove Members from a Group in Outlook 2010
- How To: Become a Delegate on an Existing Department or Shared Mailbox in Outlook 2011
- How To: Add an Existing Department or Shared Mailbox in Outlook 2010
- How To: Import a .olm file to Outlook for Mac 2011
- How To: Migrate from Entourage to Outlook for Mac 2011