Northeastern utilizes Ellucian’s Banner product for many of the university’s core business functions. Banner underlies many of the services available on the myNEU portal, such as Employee Self-Service for faculty and staff members’ HR information, or mySchedule and myGrades on the student Self-Service tab. Access to those services is based on your role at the university.
Banner also serves as the system of record for university departments, including the Registrar’s Office, Finance, Advancement and Human Resources, which utilize Banner as their primary transactional system to perform the functions relating to the operation of the university. Staff members who are responsible for maintaining information on these core business services are granted access to the appropriate Banner modules.
Core Business Services include:
- Banner Advancement – Provides the Advancement Office the ability to manage the university’s relationship with donors by processing donations and gifts made to Northeastern.
- Banner Finance – Allows the Finance Office to manage the university’s financial obligations, including payroll, procurement and budget management.
- Banner HR – Used by Human Resources to manage the people resources of the university related to new hires, terminations, salary changes, payroll processing, employee self-service and provisioning of services.
- Banner Student – Allows Enrollment Management (Admissions and the Registrar) to administer student records related to issues such as enrollment, grading and progress toward degree.
- Enterprise Reporting Services – Provides access to enterprise data for operational and analytical reporting, requirements gathering and analysis, data modeling, and customizations for reporting.
Access to Banner and the reporting tools must be requested from the departments responsible for each function, and is limited to those individuals who require access as part of their job function.
- Banner Advancement – Access is granted by default to individuals hired to work in this area. For other individuals, access will be granted after the submission and approval of the appropriate access request form (PDF).
- Banner Finance – Access is granted after the submission and approval of the appropriate access request form (PDF). Information is available from Finance.
- Banner HR – Access to Banner HR must be requested from Human Resources Management.
- Banner Student – Access to certain functionality within the Banner Student system is automatically granted as part of a staff member’s role within the organization. Access to remaining functionality must be requested from the Registrar’s Office. See the guidelines for access and the request form (PDF).
- Enterprise Reporting Services – Access to the Operational Data Store (ODS) and Argos reporting environment can be requested by completing the ODS/Argos Access Request form. Access to the Cognos reporting environment can be requested by completing the Cognos Access Request form. Both forms are available on the Office of Data Administration SharePoint site. Data Administration, in conjunction with Enterprise Data Services and Data Custodians, offers training and support to help users get acclimated to the University’s reporting tools: Argos training calendar and Cognos training calendar.
Contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or email@example.com for assistance with any of these systems.