Blackboard is Northeastern’s online learning management system, a framework for an instructor to set up a course site and post material to it that students enrolled in that course can access. Additional features of this service include:
- Enabling communication through discussion boards and chat
- Faculty administration and grading of assignments and tests
- Integration with myFiles, TRACE course evaluation, FACT and lecture capture
There are four Blackboard sites serving the Northeastern community:
- Northeastern University Blackboard, or NEU Blackboard, supported by Information Technology Services
- Northeastern University Online (College of Professional Studies), supported by CPS
- Online MBA, supported by Embanet Pearson
- Online Nursing Blackboard, supported by Angel
- Hosted through http://angel.northeasternnursing.com
- Phone: 888.212.1284
Read about Blackboard, view video demonstrations, and more on the Academic Technology Services Blackboard website.
Academic Technology Services provides technical support and consultation for Blackboard, Web Conferencing, Lecture Capture, Clickers, Learning Object Creation, and other academic technologies.
For immediate response to your tech support needs, please contact the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org. For training and in-depth consultation for these services, for individualized projects support, and for support for academic technologies in the classroom, please contact email@example.com.