Blackboard Collaborate is a suite of three tools that enable web conferencing, instant messaging and voice authoring as part of the Blackboard learning experience.
Blackboard Collaborate is accessible from a Mac or Windows desktop or laptop computer. The most popular use of the Blackboard Collaborate platform at Northeastern is the webconferencing module, which is also available on iOS and Android phones and tablets. This tool allows faculty and students to meet in an online space using features such as video and/or audio chat, whiteboard, slideshow, and screen sharing.
There are three Blackboard Collaborate instances serving the Northeastern community:
- Northeastern University Blackboard, or NEU Blackboard, supported by Information Technology Services
- Phone: 617.373.4357 (xHELP)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online MBA, MST, and MSF programs , supported by the D’Amore-McKim School of Business
- Phone: 866.291.8058
- Visit DMSB Support for answers to common questions, live chat, or to submit a support ticket
- Northeastern University Online (College of Professional Studies), supported by CPS
- Phone: 855.836.3520
- E-mail: email@example.com
To learn more, read all about Blackboard’s webconferencing, IM and voice tools on the Academic Technology Services Blackboard Collaborate website.
Academic Technology Services provides technical support and consultation for Blackboard, Web Conferencing, Lecture Capture, Clickers, Learning Object Creation, and other academic technologies.
For immediate response to your tech support needs, please contact the Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org. For training and in-depth consultation for these services, for individualized projects support, and for support for academic technologies in the classroom, please contact email@example.com.