All faculty and staff are provided with an @neu.edu email account upon his/her start date. Information Technology Services (ITS) uses Microsoft Office 365 Exchange, which is accessible through Microsoft Outlook (Windows/Mac), the Outlook Web App (OWA) and various mobile devices. For those interested in using a different email application, IMAP is available.
Email accounts are available for vendors, contractors or consultants performing work for Northeastern University. Northeastern staff must include the request for an email account when submitting a Sponsored Account Request form for these individuals.
A university @neu.edu email account includes the following features:
- Contacts, integrated with Northeastern’s email directory for quick access to faculty, staff and student email accounts
- Integration with Lync instant messaging and SharePoint
- Web-based access using Outlook Web App (OWA)
- IMAP support for using alternate email applications
- Sync email, contacts, calendar and notes with mobile devices
- Ability to have email account forwarded
- Support for an email aliases
A university email account (@neu.edu) is automatically available to faculty and staff upon their start date.
Non-Northeastern individuals who require a university email address must have their sponsors select the university email option on the Sponsored Accounts Request Form, with access pending approval; see the Sponsored Accounts page for details.
To configure email and/or Outlook on your computer, the web or a mobile device, follow the tips and tricks outlined in the How To’s.
Please contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or visit our Getting Started pages for more details. Support is provided by ITS during Service Desk hours, except during holidays and intersession.
Scheduled maintenance will be announced.
- How To: Configure Outlook on Windows for Office 365
- How To: Configure Outlook on Mac for Office 365
- How To: Configure iPhone or iPad for Office 365 Exchange Email
- How To: Configure Android for Office 365 Exchange Email
- How To: Configure BlackBerry for Office 365 Exchange Email
- How To: Configure your IMAP mail client for Office 365
- How To: Decide whether to use the Office 365 Outlook client or the Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA)
- How To: Forward an Office 365 mailbox to another service
- How To: Add email safe senders (junk mail whitelist) – Windows
- How To: Add email safe senders (junk mail whitelist) – Mac
Shared Mailboxes & Delegation
- How To: Manage membership for a shared mailbox or distribution list
- How To: Set an automatic reply on an Office 365 shared mailbox
- How To: Add an Existing Department or Shared Mailbox to Outlook on a Windows computer
- How To: Become a Delegate on an Existing Department or Shared Mailbox in Outlook 2011
- How To: Access an Office 365 shared mailbox on iOS
- How To: Access an Office 365 shared mailbox on Android
Outlook Web App (OWA)
- How To: Bookmark the Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA)
- How To: Configure and manage the Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA)
- How To: Access a shared Office 365 mailbox in OWA