1. Under “Settings” choose “Accounts & Sync.”
2. Touch the “+” to add an account.
3. On the “Add an Account” page, select “Exchange ActiveSync.”
4. On the “Set up Exchange ActiveSync account” page, enter your email address and password, and select “Manual Setup.”
5. On the full set up page, please enter the following information:
- Email: Your @northeastern.edu email (if it didn’t carry over from the previous screen)
- Server Address: outlook.office365.com
- Domain: [blank]
- Username: Your Office 365 username ([myNEU username]@northeastern.edu)
- If your Domain and Username fields are combined: northeastern.edu\Office365 username
- Password: your password (if it didn’t carry over from the previous screen)
6. When creating a Microsoft Exchange Account on your Android, the Autodiscovery service attempts to use your Exchange email address and password to determine your Exchange Server information and configure your account settings on the phone. If the Autodiscovery feature is unable to configure your Exchange account settings, click Trust on the message “Unable to verify this site’s security certificate” that is displayed on the device similar to this:
7. Android supports the synchronization of Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Tasks. By default they are all enabled. You have the ability to selectively disable or enable any of these features by unchecking those options. You can also set at this point how often you wish to sync. Select “Next” to finish.
Your Northeastern email is now available through your phone’s default mail app. If you chose to enable it, your Northeastern calendar is likewise available through your phone’s default calendar app.
Questions? Concerns? If your installation did not go smoothly, please contact the ITS Service Desk by calling 617.373.4357 (xHELP). Be sure to convey any error messages you received during the installation process.