Information Technology Services is dedicated to supporting your career at Northeastern by providing technology assistance and guidance. We encourage you to visit the ITS Help and Information Desk on the first floor of Snell Library. You may also contact the ITS Service Desk by phone at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or email email@example.com.
New to Northeastern
- Get your Online Accounts – Includes your myNEU account and your @husky.neu.edu email address.
- Locate your NUID Information – The key identifier for most university records and systems assigned to you when you become a part of the Northeastern community.
- Where to Go for Tech Support.
- Appropriate Use Policy (AUP) – All students are responsible for following the Northeastern University Appropriate Use of Computer and Network Resources Policy.
- Faculty/Staff Email & Calendar - Email and calendar, using Outlook.
- Information Security and Virus Protection – The SecureNU website provides guidance and notifications about how to keep your computer and information safe. NOTE: you can also obtain free Symantec antivirus software through Software Downloads on the myNEU portal.
- myApps – Virtual desktop access to university-licensed software applications
- myFiles – Free virtual storage available anywhere, anytime, to students through the myNEU portal.
- myNEU – The gateway to information and services available to students where you may register for classes, check financial aid, pay bills, and more.
- myHelp – Your self-service gateway to report a technology problem or request technology-related services.
- myKnowledge – Your self-service 24 x 7 x 365 access to search for solutions relating to Northeastern University technologies and services.
- Telephone Support - Office telephone support relating to telephone instruments, lines, or features.
- ITS Training – Information Technology Services offers free online training, as well as free instructor-led classes on a variety of software applications and skills.
- Classroom Support - Information about classroom technology and on-site assistance as well as information and assistance to create engaging and multimodal content.
All staff hired through Human Resources Management receive a myNEU username and password. Go to http://myneu.neu.edu to claim your account. For more information read How To: Claim your faculty and staff accounts. If you need assistance, contact the ITS Service Desk at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you access the myNEU portal, you will have access to many services including:
- Banner – Depending on your user role, you may have access to the Banner Student, Banner Finance or other administrative enterprise systems.
- Employee Self-Service – Enables employees to access their personal information, payroll, and benefits online with Human Resources Management.
- Facilities Online Work Request – Report routine repair, maintenance and custodial requests.
- Library – Library services and information systems.
- myHelp – Online self-service help desk for Information Technology Service.
- myKnowledge – Your self-service 24 x 7 x 365 access to search for solutions relating to Northeastern University technologies and services. Information about the ITS knowledge base is available on the myKnowledge page.
- Parking – Apply for parking pass to park in the main Boston campus facilities.
- Computer Workstations – Visit myMarketplace under the Services and Links tab to go to Northeastern’s preferred vendors, Dell and Apple.
When you are hired by Human Resources Management, you are given an Exchange email address based on your name as recorded on your employment record.
- If you are using a Northeastern-managed Windows or Mac computer, open Outlook and log in with your myNEU username and password.
- You also may use Outlook Web App at http://outlook.neu.edu with your myNEU username and password.
- Follow the directions for iOS or Android mobile devices to also add your Exchange email to your phone or tablet.
For more information about the email and calendar options and features visit the Faculty/Staff Email & Calendar page.
Staff have full access to NUnet, a redundant, high-bandwidth, high availability, connection from Northeastern’s data network to campus-wide services and the Internet. Use your myNEU username and password to access a variety of licensed software applications available through the network.
For times you are using a mobile computer on campus, you must connect to NUwave, the secure wireless network, for access to NUnet and the Internet.
When working from home or other off-campus locations, the VPN, virtual private network, provides a secure encryption remote computer connection to campus resources. For information on connecting to and using the VPN visit the VPN page.
Your NUID, a nine-digit unique identifier, is the key identifier on most university records and systems. You will need to provide this number for most academic and financial transactions. Your NUID is available when you log in to your myNEU portal account. Current Faculty and Staff can view their NUID under the Services and Links tab.
See the Husky Card Authorization Form (PDF) to request NUID numbers and HuskyCards to contractors, non-benefits eligible employees, research assistants and visiting scholars.
Please email email@example.com with any questions about obtaining Husky ID cards.
If you have someone who needs access to NUnet, myNEU, or Northeastern’s Exchange email as a temporary associate of the university, you will need to sponsor them. In the instance where a Sponsored Account is needed, it is the responsibility of the prospective account holder to request an account. It is the responsibility of the sponsoring department, lab or business office to authorize that account request. See the Sponsored Account Requests page for more information.
Where to Go for Tech Support
- ITS Service Desk (comprehensive technical assistance) – Provides phone support at 617.373.4357 (xHELP) or contact via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help and Information Desk in InfoCommons (computer labs, quick print stations, and help desk located on the first floor of Snell Library) – See Hours and Locations.
- myHelp – Your self-service gateway to report a technology problem or request technology-related services. Information about myHelp including frequently asked questions is available on the myHelp page.
- myKnowledge - Your self-service 24 x 7 x 365 access to search for solutions relating to Northeastern University technologies and services. Information about the ITS knowledge base is available on the myKnowledge page.
- ITS Training – Online and in-person training on university-supported applications.