What are the computer and browser requirements for using Northeastern’s Remote Access VPN?
Updated system requirements are available on the Cisco website.
How do I connect to the VPN after installing AnyConnect software?
- Mac – The icon for the AnyConnect software is stored in your default applications path. From there you can drag the application to your desktop or the Dock for future use. If you choose not to put it on your desktop or dock, open a browser and go to https://remote.neu.edu.
- Windows – Once installed the Cisco AnyConnect VPN link will be in the Start menu.
Can I have the VPN start when I turn on my computer?
Only Northeastern-managed Windows computer can install the Start Before Login component. Visit https://remote.neu.edu/sbl/ to download and install this component.
How do I disconnect from the VPN?
When connected, the AnyConnect icon appears on a Windows machine in the system tray and on a Mac in the taskbar. Click on the icon and then the Disconnect button.
How do I reconnect to the VPN if I get disconnected?
- Point your browser to http://remote.neu.edu (bookmark it for later use)
- PCs – Run the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, which will appear in your system tray and at Start-> Programs-> Cisco-> Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client-> Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Macs – Click on AnyConnect VPN Client in the Application folder.
What do I need to do with AnyConnect if I upgrade the operating system on my computer?
If you install AnyConnect and then upgrade to another version of an operating system, you will have to uninstall the client and reinstall it.