How much does it cost to participate in this program?
The print credit is provided to all undergraduate, graduate, and faculty and staff members for free. Once that amount is used, you will need Husky Dollars to do additional printing at the print release stations.
How much free printing do I get?
Annually undergraduate, graduate, faculty and staff receive $120 in print credits to be used throughout the entire academic year. There is no rollover of prints; you cannot accumulate pages across print periods. The total number of pages you get will depend on the type of print you select:
- Black and White Letter (8.5″×11″) | $0.10 per piece of paper
- Black and White Tabloid (11″x17″) | $0.30 per piece of paper
- Color Letter (8.5″×11″) | $0.30 per piece of paper
- Color Tabloid (11″x17″) | $0.75 per piece of paper
Will I be warned that I am running out of pages?
There is no warning if you are nearing the end of the $120 print credit balance. If you do not have enough pages to print a job, your Husky Dollars will be debited for the shortfall.
How can I check my free print allowance?
You can check your free print allowance by logging into myNEU and using the “Husky Card Account Balances” and “Husky Card Account Transactions” applications.
What happens when I exceed my free print allowance?
You can purchase additional pages by adding to your Husky Dollars. Any additional pages will be charged to your Husky Card. You should monitor your print allowance and add Husky Dollars as needed.
Will my unused (free allowance) prints from one print period roll over into the next print period?
No. Free print allowances will be reset prior to the start of the new academic year in September (typically during Intersession in August). Previous balances will not be carried over.
Can I borrow prints from a future print period?
What happens when there is a printer jam, error, poor quality output or your printout is missing?
You should visit the Help & Information desk in Snell Library where ITS will assist you in reprinting your material or give you a refund. You will be asked to submit the sample of the bad output as proof of the problem. The monitor will then review your claim and your account will be credited at the discretion of the monitor. All claims must be made within 24 hours. Refunds will be in the form of a print credit only.
What happens if you have a problem swiping your Husky Card?
- Make sure you are using the card correctly and that the card is in good condition.
- If you have a replacement Husky Card and subsequently find your original card, use the replacement card for printing. Your original card becomes inactive when you get a replacement.
- Make sure your card is as flat as possible by holding it flat (a slight curve in the card may prevent it from being read).
- Slide your card slowly so it can be read.
- If you have just received your new Husky Card, wait one hour.
Under what circumstances will a claim for print credit NOT be honored?
The following errors will not entitle you to a print credit:
- Printing the wrong document
- Accidentally hitting the print button
- Printing with the wrong page orientation (landscape vs. portrait)
- Too many copies of the same document
How long will my printout be available?
Your print request will remain available for 24 hours.
Can I print double-sided?
Yes. Double-sided printing is the default for all documents sent to the 8 ½ x 11 black & white printers. You can alter the print settings to do duplex.
I am a faculty member. How can I help students conserve paper?
When you assign students to download materials from online resources, please remember that students do not have unlimited free printing.
I just got notified that my myNEU account is about to expire. Will I still have access to my print allowance after my myNEU account is gone?
No. After you lose access to myNEU, you will not have access to any free or paid prints on the Free Print Allowance program.