Traveling on a Student Visa

Do you need a travel signature?

Depending on where and when you travel to, as an F-1 or J-1 student or scholar, you may need to visit the ISSI before you leave the US to get a new travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019.

Please use the menus below to help determine whether or not you need to come to the ISSI to have any documents signed before you travel.

If you do need a Travel Signature, please know that instead of taking your I-20 to the ISSI and needing to wait for up to 5 business days to get a signature, you can attend one of our Travel Signature Sessions below, and if everything is in order you will receive your travel signature on the spot! If you come to a session, please know your nine digit NUID before your arrive!

April-May 2015

Date  Time  Location
 April 27  9:30am-11:00am  ISSI - 405 Ell Hall
 April 28  2:00pm-3:30pm  ISSI - 405 Ell Hall
 April 30  11:30am-1:00pm  ISSI - 405 Ell Hall
 May 1  10:30am-12:00pm  ISSI - 405 Ell Hall
 May 4  10:00am-11:00am  ISSI - 405 Ell Hall
 May 5  10:00am-11:00am  ISSI - 405 Ell Hall
 May 6  10:00am-11:00am  ISSI - 405 Ell Hall

If you will be leaving the US for more than four months as part of an approved co-op or study abroad, then you will need a new I-20 or DS-2019, and you will need to complete and submit to the ISSI a copy of our Request for an I-20/DS-2019 for Continuing Students form.

Please select your travel destination: