ISSI Airport Welcome
This program is provided in the fall of each new academic year. This year the service will be provided on Monday, August 31, 2015 from 8:00am EST to 8:00pm EST. ISSI staff and volunteers will meet new students arriving into Boston to start their new academic programs at Northeastern University. The ISSI team will be waiting in Terminal E at Boston's Logan Airport and will make multiple trips back and forth from Logan International Airport to the Northeastern University campus. If your travel plans have you arriving in another terminal, other than Terminal E, take the *free* airport shuttle #11 which stops at all terminals.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer this service on any other additional days. Please see the information below about how to get to campus on your own if your travel plans have you arriving on any other day than Monday, August 31, 2015.
The ISSI Airport Welcome program for fall 2015 is scheduled for Monday, August 31, 2015 between 8:00am EST to 8:00pm EST. Please register here
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide custom airport pick-up service at this time. If you are arriving on a day other than the scheduled ISSI Airport Welcome program, please refer to the information below:
Getting to Campus on Your Own
It’s easy to get to campus from Logan Airport by either a taxi, or, if you don't have a lot to carry, by public transportation.
- Taxis are readily available from all terminals at Logan Airport. You should expect the ride to the Northeastern campus to cost USD $35 or more.
- The Boston subway system (called the “T”) is also an easy way to travel, if you are able to carry all of your luggage.
1. When you exit the airport building there will be a street in front of you. At this street you will see a Mass Port Shuttle Bus making stops at all terminals. You can board this bus for free and ride it until you arrive at the Airport station of the MBTA system. The ride lasts from 3-10 minutes, depending on which terminal you take the shuttle bus from. The Airport stop is part of the Blue Line section of the T system.
2. Enter the Airport T station and buy a Charlie Ticket for $2.50 from the automatic vending machine.
3. After entering the turnstile you will head to the Blue Line Inbound platform (the destination of this train is the Bowdoin Station). Take the train for 3 stops to the State Street stop.
4. When you exit the train at State Street you will need to now take the northbound Orange Line train (going towards Oak Grove) one stop to Haymarket Station where you will switch to the Green Line. You do not have to pay any money to transfer at either station. Make sure you are at the Outbound section of the Green Line.
5. There are four different Green Line trains. Wait until an E Line train arrives. It will have an E on it and also the words Heath Street (the name of last stop on the E Line). After you board the train, the first 7 stops will be underground. The train will then move above ground, and the first stop will be Northeastern University Station. Exit the train here and you will be on Huntington Avenue in the center of campus.
As a new international student you are expected to arrive by the start date of your program stated on the I-20 issued by Northeastern, or on the DS-2019 issued by Northeastern or by your sponsoring agency/government.
When you plan your travel arrangements, it is important to keep in mind that you will only be allowed to enter the United States if:
- You arrive no more than 30 days prior to the arrival date on your I-20 or DS-2019.
- You do not arrive after the arrival date on your I-20 or DS-2019.
All international students will need to report to the ISSI at their scheduled International Student Orientation program. Check the Orientation Schedule or the date and time of your session.
FIND OUT MORE!
For Maps of Logan International Airport
Public Transportation (MBTA)