Mandatory Online OPT Session
If you are interested in participating in post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT), you will need to review the mandatory online OPT Training Session found below before you can submit an OPT application to the ISSI. As part of the online Session, you will be required to complete a Statement of Compliance. In addition, you must also pay a $200 administrative OPT Fee via your MyNEU account; the instructions for payment
are below. Without completing both the Statement of Compliance and paying the OPT Fee, you will not be allowed to submit an OPT application.
When you have completed the online Session, submitted the Statement of Compliance, and paid the OPT Fee, then you may submit a completed OPT application to the ISSI at 405 Ell Hall during the following times only:
If you are interested in pre-Completion OPT, then please reference the "Pre-Completion OPT" documents on the Forms
section of our website.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
For all OPT applications submitted to the ISSI, an administrative fee of $200 will be required as part of the OPT application packet. Payment of this fee must be made through your myNEU account. Please refer to the instructions below on how to make your payment. Please be aware that this is separate from the filing fee that is submitted along with the I-765 Application Form to USCIS
1. Log into your myNEU account, and select the NUPay link by clicking on the red wagon
2. Select the Make Payment link on the blue menu bar.
3. Select the ISSI OPT Fee link on the page to be able to add it to the NUPay Basket
4. You will next see a description of the ISSI OPT Fee. Click on Add to NUPay Basket to continue
5. You will then be taken to your online shopping cart. Press the Checkout button on the right and you will be prompted to enter information from a credit card, debit card or an electronic check. Once you have completed the transaction you will receive a confirmation of payment email in your NU email account. Please keep this email for your records.
Should you have any questions, please contact the ISSI.