ISRD-3 is still open for participants. Researchers interested in joining the ISRD-3 data collection sweep may contact Professor Ineke Haen Marshall (email@example.com), or any of the members of the ISRD-3 Steering Committee.
A total of 35 countries are participating in the data collection for ISRD-3, which started in 2012 and is planned to end in 2016. As of summer 2014, 13 countries have finished their field work – for detailed information navigate to the country-specific pages. The following countries are currently part of ISRD-3 (grouped by geographical region):
- Africa: Cape Verde
- Asia: China, India, Indonesia, South Korea
- Eastern and Central European countries: Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Estonia, Kosovo, Lithuania, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine
- Mediterranean countries: Croatia, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain
- Northern European countries: Denmark, Finland, Sweden
- Western European countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the UK (England, Scotland)
- North America: USA
- Latin America: Brazil, Chile, Venezuela
- The majority of countries use city-based samples, but some national surveys are being implemented
- In each city 300 students per grade (in 7th, 8th and 9th) are being surveyed – a total of 900 children per city
- Each country should aim for at least two cities (i.e. a total of 1,800 participants per country)
- ISRD-3 focuses on the empirical integration of Situational Action Theory, Institutional Anomie Theory and Procedural Justice Theory. Further areas of interest are theories of social control, criminal opportunity and social disorganization.